Wednesday, April 8, 2009

McSpicy

A $40 million makeover of Orchard Road planned by The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has recently been completed. This includes the decoration of Orchard Road with aesthetic features along the theme of nature such as flower totems and flowery glass panels. Set to entice more customers to Orchard Road, the makeover was expected to be the biggest event happening in Orchard Road. Not falling short of this expectation, it did not disappoint. Or rather, it happened to be the event in Orchard Road to attract the largest amount of relentless criticism from both Singaporeans and foreigners alike. I too am not an exception. Although it might have helped in beautifying Orchard Road, I disagree that it was the right decision to conduct this makeover because it affects many businesses in Orchard Road.

4 comments:

  1. Very complete Introduction (as usual^^)but I'm sorry to say, if I become one of the reader who only read the introduction, I don't think I will read the whole essay. Ha.. ha... ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your intro is detailed and clearly explained but i don't think it will attract the reader

    ReplyDelete